Amazon, the world’s largest online retailer, is known for providing its customers with great deals and discounts. It is no secret that Amazon also offers its employees a wide range of benefits, including discounts on products and services. The Amazon employee discount is one of the most popular benefits, which saves Amazon employees a significant amount of money on their purchases. The discounts are available to all Amazon employees, from part-time to full-time.
Amazon Employee Discount
Employees can save up to 10% on Amazon products with the employee discount. However, the discount only applies to merchandise sold directly by Amazon.com and not to third-party items. Employees can receive a maximum discount of 10% off everything with Amazon employee discount, they can buy up to $1,000. Apart from this, Amazon takes good care of their employees with other benefits involving, health care, insurance, maternity leaves, etc.
*Note: 20% off on Amazon devices like Echo, Kindle, Fire TV, etc.
What Discounts Are for Amazon Employees?
Employees can access a range of benefits with the Amazon employee discount. These include travel, entertainment options, and other other products and services, and also get 20% off on Amazon devices like Echo, Kindle, Fire TV, etc.
- Discounts on Amazon Products And Services: Employees can also receive discounts on Amazon Prime memberships and other Amazon services, such as Amazon Music Unlimited and Amazon Fresh. They can save up to 10% on Amazon products, such as the Amazon Echo, Fire tablets, Kindle e-readers, electronics, clothing, and more.
- Discounts on Amazon Partners And Services: Amazon employees can also take advantage of discounts from partner companies. These discounts can include savings on products and services from companies like Apple, AT&T, and Verizon and discounts on travel, entertainment, and more.
- Amazon Extra Discounts: Amazon Extras is a special discount program where employees can save money on various goods and services. Amazon Extras gives thousands of discounts and special offers for Amazon employees on products or services from popular national and local brands. The program provides discounts for products and services such as:
- Travel tickets,
- Event tickets,
- Cell phones and cell phone services,
- Movie tickets,
- Theme park tickets, and more.
How To Access Amazon Employee Discount?
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Tap your profile with the image.
- Below the image see the code along with a note of how much balance you can use.
- Select the code and enter it at the checkout to use it.
You will only be able to claim your employee discount at Amazon if the company hires you after the trial period. You have to work for 30 days to avail your benefit compulsorily. Following the steps above will help you claim your discount with ease.
In case of any doubts, you can always call Amazon customer care.
Discounts Eligibility For Amazon Employees
Employees must meet certain requirements to be eligible for the discounts for Amazon employees and other benefits. The Amazon Employee discount is available to all employees who work 20 or more hours per week. Employees must be employed by Amazon for a certain period before they can receive the discount. Only employees who have worked for Amazon for 30 days or more are eligible for the 10% discount on Amazon products.
What are Other Benefits of Amazon Employee Discount?
The benefits of working for Amazon extend beyond the discounts on products and services. Employees who work on a holiday are compensated by earning time and a half, which means they get an extra half hour of pay for every hour they’ve worked. Below is the range of benefits for Amazon employee discount:
- Health Insurance Plan: Employees who work 20 or more hours per week can join the company’s health insurance plan, which starts on the first day of work.
- Maternal Leave: Amazon will provide paid leaves along with the benefit of holidays. Amazon gives both prepartum leave of 4 weeks and post-partum leave of 10 weeks.
- Insurance Benefits: All the employees will be able to claim life insurance benefits.
- Career Development Opportunities: Amazon values its employees’ professional growth and development, providing opportunities for advancement and ongoing training and education.
- Competitive Salaries and Benefits: Amazon offers competitive salaries and benefits to its employees, including health insurance, paid time off, and retirement plans.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Can the discounts for Amazon employees be used on Prime Day?
Yes, employees can use their 10% discount on any day of the year if they are eligible for the product discounts.
2. Can I share my Amazon Employee Discount with my family members?
Yes, some discounts can be shared with family and friends. Take advantage of these opportunities to help your loved ones save money.
3. Does Amazon reimburse tuition fees?
Yes, 95% of tuition reimbursement is provided to their employees.
4. For how long do I have to work to claim my benefits?
You have to work for 20 hours or more to claim the eligible benefits at Amazon.
You May Also Like
Apart from Amazon, other international brands also have employee discount policies. You can also check them out to enjoy shopping at a discounted price.
- Best Buy
Amazon employee discount can help access various product and service discounts, once the company officially hires you. These discounts are a valuable benefit that can provide Amazon employees and their families significant cost savings and encourage employee satisfaction and overall work-life balance. If you work for Amazon, take advantage of these perks to maximize your time there.