Recreational Equipment Inc. is an American retail and outdoor company. People working under this company get an exclusive REI employee discount. As a consumer cooperative REI serves traveling equipment, sporting goods, camping gear, and clothing.
To make their employees happy, and loyal, they provide unique and comprehensive employee discounts that have a great impact on employee’s careers. So if you are an employee at REI or looking for a job, here are some attractive benefits, perks, and discounts that you can avail as an employee at REI.
How Does REI Employee Discount Works?
REI employees receive 50% discounts on REI Gear and Apparel. Additionally, it also includes 30% off on company vendor merchandise and 10% off sale items. REI employee discount also has access to the vendor ProDeal Discount Program. Where they can purchases made directly from vendors at wholesale prices. Most trips are discounted by 30% while other select trips are 10% off the REI member price.
Benefits of REI Employee Discount
In addition to employee discounts, REI also offers various benefits to all its employees so that they can enjoy their work and life. With these benefits for the employee, the company retains its hardworking and quality staff to provide a better customer experience and services. So let’s see the list of REI employee discounts.
- Health and Wellness: REI believes in taking care of all its employees both part-time and full-time employees. All employees should work at least 20 hours or more per week to be eligible for these benefits. It offers health, vision care, mental care, dental care, and disability insurance. It also offers health savings accounts (HSA), flexible spending accounts ( FSA), and life insurance.
- Financial and Retirement: REI offers a 401K plan, retirement plan, performance bonus, and profit-sharing plans. Eligible employees will receive a contribution of 5% of eligible compensation along with an additional 10% discretionary funding depending upon company profitability.
- Family and Parenting: REI offers medical and family leaves for employees who haven’t met FMLA eligibility criteria. In addition to this, they extend FMLA leave to care for a life partner, life partner’s child, or even sibling. They give 6 weeks of paid parental leave for both working mothers and fathers.
- Vacations and Time Off: REI offers vacation pay, sick pay, 8 paid holiday leaves, and also sabbatical pay for employees who have worked for 15 years in the company four consecutive weeks of time off in addition to their vacation hours earned.
Who is Eligible for Employee Discount at REI?
To be eligible for employee discount at REI you have to be an active REI member. You can show your membership card at the time of purchase. Both part-time and full-time employees are eligible for various and different discounts and benefits given by the company. There are some restrictions for that you can connect with the help center or ask from store associates.
In addition to this REI also offers a lifetime REI employee discount to all its employees who have worked for the company for 15 years. The Heritage cards will be given to these employees which they can use as lifetime discounts at REI.
How Can I Avail REI Employee Discount Online?
If you are working at REI, you can get an online discount for all your purchases from the website. So let’s see how the online discount process works. Here’s how to do it.
- Log in/ Sign in to your account
- Add items to your cart.
- On the Order Summary page, you’ll see the REI Employee Discount Code box.
- Enter your employee discount code and click Apply Discount.
- Discount will be applied to the item you are purchasing.
- Complete your payment and checkout.
Additional REI Discount
In addition to the employee discount, there are several additional benefits. These additional benefits include:
- Work/life employee assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Public Transit Subsidy
- Relocation Support
- Adoption Assistance
Some basic advantages of working at this company apart from the REI employee discount are a casual dress code, flexible schedule, retirement investment education, national discount gym/fitness, and student loan program support.
NOTE- Yay Days: REI believes in and supports outdoor adventures by offering all employees one day off every six months to go outside and play. Yay Day gives our employees a chance to get inspired by the outdoors, by engaging in their favorite outdoor activity or helping create access to inspirational places through stewardship.
Frequently Asked Questions
1- Can I use REI employee discount online?
Yes, You can use your employee discount online.
2- Does REI pay for holiday?
Yes, REI pays for 8 Holiday leaves to its employees.
3- Can I get a subsidy on public transport at REI?
Yes, regular travelers in all REI locations can take advantage of 50% subsidies for buses, trains, or other public transit methods.
4- Does REI offer a referral bonus?
Yes, if you are referring someone to REI and, if they are hired, employees can receive a $100 – $2,000 bonus through a paycheck.
You May Also Like
Not only REI but there are other international brands too that have employee discount programs. You can refer to our other guide to understand the policies. Let’s check them out in the following:
The REI offers great help for all its employees, their benefits, additional discounts, and many more on various items of different categories. Employees can save with REI employee discount on both online and in-store at the time of checkout. Make sure to be in touch with your associates for any queries or concerns.