The Target employee discount is one of the best perks they give their workforce. But like any discount that retailers hand out, there are certain caveats and hacks that you should know to maximize your savings. With that in mind, let’s break down the employee discount at Target and answer all your burning questions.
How Much Are The Target Employee Discount?
Employees at Target do get some benefits that they should surely take advantage of. All employees are eligible for a Target Employee Discount program. Thus, target hands out a 10% employee discount. This discount is good for both in-store purchases as well as stuff you buy at Target.com. Also, via the Target Wellness discount, workers get an extra 20% off fresh (and frozen) fruits and vegetables. You can also stack both discounts with the Target REDCard and get another 5% off.
How Can You Avail The Discount?
You only have to present your team member discount card or Wallet from the app to get an employee discount. The card or wallet is only eligible for use in one location. The changes that you make on the Target app will automatically be saved for target.com and vice versa. The steps to use your Target employee discount on the app and the website are as follows.
Avail Discount Online
To add your employee discount number you will have to follow the following steps:
- Log in to Target Account online
- Select my account option on the page
- Go to settings and select about me
- Add your employee number with four leading zeros
- Confirm the details
Avail Discount on Target App
You will be able to access your employee discount by downloading the Target app as well. To avail of the discount from the app follow the following steps:
- Log in to your account through the Target app
- Select the settings icon in my Target tab
- Select a profile and go to the About Me section
- Choose to add in the team member discount & enter the ID
- Save the details to use for your purchases.
What Items Are Eligible For Employee Discount?
When it comes to the items eligible for a discount, employees can enjoy savings on various products across the store. Here’s a breakdown of the different categories and items that are eligible for Target employee discount:
- Clothing and Accessories: Clothing for men, women, and children, footwear, accessories such as handbags, belts, hats, jewelry, etc.
- Electronics and Entertainment: TVs, laptops, tablets, Video game consoles, video games, speakers, cameras, camcorders
- Home Goods and Furniture: Furniture items like sofas, chairs, tables, and beds, Home decor, Kitchen appliances, Bedding, bath products, and home organizers
- Groceries and Household Essentials: Food and beverages, including pantry staples, fresh produce, and snacks. Cleaning supplies, laundry detergents, and paper products. Pet food and supplies. Baby care products, diapers, and formula.
- Beauty and Personal Care: Makeup, skincare and hair products, grooming essentials, personal care items.
- Health and Wellness: Vitamins and minerals, gym membership, spa services, personal health products.
Payment Methods Eligible for Employee Discount
For Target Employee Discount you can use either cash, a Target gift card, or a Target REDCard. I highly recommend using the REDcard (either debit or credit card) as you’ll score an additional 5% discount, bringing your total discount to a solid 15%.
Target is not the only store to offer various employee discounts, you may also like: Costco and Home Depot for benefits and discounts. Our guide will help you to explore more stores with employee discounts.
Exemptions For Employee Discount
Yes, Target Employee Discount has some exemptions on items like:
- Alcohol – Don’t go buying booze with your employee discount.
- Gift Wrapping – Gotta wrap your own gifts at home.
- Hunting/Fishing License – Have to pay full price to hunt or fish in your neck of the woods.
- Target+ Items – Not sure what these are but you can’t get 10% off when you buy them.
- Gift Cards – This one makes sense as it would be easy to make money off gift cards.
- Stuff you Sell or Exchange for Profit – This one seems a little open-ended and left for the manager’s discretion.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can family members use employee discount?
Yes, Only the employee and their spouse are eligible for the employee discount.
2. Can I get a 10% employee discount on Black Friday?
Yes. It doesn’t matter which holiday, you still get your 10% off.
3. What is the Dollar Amount Discount at Target?
The dollar amount at Target means you will get $100 off on a thousand bucks of product. The discount depends on the amount of the merchandise.
4. Does Gym membership and spa treatment include Target Employee Discount?
Yes, you can use your gym memberships and spa treatment at a discount offered by Target.
Target discount is more than just an added perk for the employees, they are a testament to Target’s commitment to their team members’ well-being and success. These Target employee discount offer extra savings, enabling employees to stretch their hard-earned money further and enjoy a more fulfilling lifestyle. You may also like Lowe’s other than Target which also offers special discounts to employees.