Are you an employee at Home Depot looking to make the most out of your benefits? One of the most vital could be the Home Depot employee discount. Our guide will help you understand its eligibility and how you can get the most out of it.
So, whether you are a seasoned employee or new to the company, our guide will empower you to make smart purchasing decisions and enjoy significant discounts on a wide range of products. Let’s dive right into it.
The Home Depot Employee Discount
The employee discount is available to all active Home Depot associates and their spouses/domestic partners. So, if you are a part-time or full-time employee, you should be eligible and will get a 10% discount on purchase. However, if you are a seasonal or temporary worker, you may not qualify for the Home Depot employee discount.
What Other Benefits Do Employees Get?
Home Depot offers a range of benefits that go beyond the standard offerings. In fact, from career development to community involvement, there are plenty of opportunities for employees to grow and thrive within the company. So, here are the benefits that you can enjoy in a Home Depot employee discount:
Perks For Part-time Employees
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Vision Coverage
Perks For Full-time Employees
- Medical Insurance
- Monthly Eye Checkup
- Insurance on Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death Coverage
- Dismemberment Insurance
- Spending Accounts
- Dental Insurance
There are some other perks as well but they are based on the employee’s seniority and length of service. Here are those exclusive benefits:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Living Expenses such as mobile phone bill payments
- Pet insurance and pet-sitting
- Tuition reimbursement
- (Homer Badge) Recognition for employees’ milestone achievements.
- Discount on Home Depot company stock at 15%
- Health care support team
- Teladoc 24/7 physician support
- A 401(k) savings plan
- Increased Bonus and Merit
- Care solutions for life
How To Access The Employee Discount?
If you are an Home Depot employee, you can access some great discounts using the Home Depot employee discounts, Although you must be clear on what steps to follow.
- Log in to your Home Depot account on their website.
- Click on the “My Account” tab at the top of the page.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Pro Xtra.”
- On the Pro Xtra page, click on the “Perks” tab.
- Here you will find a list of all the discounts available to Home Depot employees.
- Click on the offer you are interested in to learn more about it and take advantage of the Home Depot employee discount.
Remember to keep your employee certificates up-to-date in order to continue enjoying your employee discounts. Happy shopping!
Items Eligible For Employee Discount
However, there may be some exclusions depending on the item and the employee’s position within the company. But most items in the store are eligible for a Home Depot employee discount, including:-
- Appliances – Major appliances like refrigerators, dishwashers, and ovens are typically excluded from the discount. But small appliances are usually included.
- Tools – Hand tools, power tools, tool storage, tool sets, and more. Also, the discount applies to brands like DeWalt, Milwaukee, Makita, and Rigid.
- Hardware – Fasteners, screws, nails, anchors, fittings, and other hardware items.
- Building materials – Lumber, plywood, decking materials, insulation, siding, and other building supplies.
- Home decor – Paint, wallpaper, window treatments, and accessories. Most paint and some wall coverings are included.
- Kitchen and bath – Cabinets, sinks, toilets, flooring, lighting, faucets, and other renovation supplies.
- Lawn and garden – Garden hoses, sprinklers, soil amendments, fertilizers, tools, and equipment.
- Plumbing – Pipes, fittings, valves, faucets, shower heads, and plumbing supplies.
- Electrical – Wiring, cables, light fixtures, switches, outlets, and other parts and accessories.
- Millwork – Closet organizers, shelving, storage products, and lumber for DIY projects.
Frequently Asked Question
Can Home Depot Employees Earn Discounts?
Unfortunately, there’s no way for a Home Depot employee to earn a discount regardless of how hard they work or how much they sell.
Do All Home Depot Employees Have Benefits?
Yes, all part-time and full-time Home Depot employees can access a range of benefits.
Can you use the Home Depot employee discount online?
No, Home Depot does not offer an employee discount. But home depot employees can get certain deals from other brands and retailers, and many of them can be used online.
Why Doesn’t Home Depot Give Employee Discounts?
It’s not properly clear why they don’t offer an employee discount as they haven’t made any public statements about this.
Do Home Depot Employees Get a Commission Upon Sales?
No, there is no commission-based system for Home Depot Employees.
Those who are eligible for the Home Depot employee discount must take full advantage of the benefits as it can prove to be helpful in saving you significant amount in the long run. Be sure to check your eligibility before shopping while also ensuring the qualified products.
Along with this, Home Depot also offers some exciting benefits to military personals as well. The guide for which is also available with this. Check out, Home Depot military discount.
If there is anyone around you working for Costco or Kroger, you can also share them our Costco and Kroger employee discount to share more details on the same.