Students often face difficulties in managing their expenses and are constantly looking out for offers and discounts. Our guide here can help students save more on their future Amazon purchases. Read more to find out more about the Amazon student discount plan.
Amazon Prime membership can be very beneficial but students often find the membership expensive. Thus, Amazon has curated this special Prime student membership to save more. So, let’s find out its eligibility, enrollment process, and criteria.
Amazon Student Discount
Students get to enjoy free Amazon Prime membership for 6 months with the Amazon student discount plan. Additionally, after 6 months, they also get 50% off with the continued Prime subscription.
This helps students save up to $7.49 in a month and $69 annually. To avail of the discount, one has to simply register their student profile and get it verified. This discount is only valid for students from eligible institutes.
Amazon Student Discount Eligibility
To enjoy the Amazon prime student discount you have to first verify your student identity. Along with the verification, you must also fulfill the below-mentioned criteria:-
- You must be at least 16 years old.
- You must be an actively enrolled student of a USA-accredited institution of higher education, college, sixth form, or high school.
How To Apply For Amazon Student Discount?
Once you have successfully verified your student profile, you will be eligible to enjoy the benefits of the Amazon student discount. The verification can be done directly through Amazon.
- Visit Amazon’s website or open the Amazon application.
- Enter your student email address to log in and choose a password.
- Amazon will send an email to your “.edu” email address to confirm.
- Open your student email address and click on verify. You will be auto-directed to your Amazon account.
- In case you don’t have a student email address you can also use your student ID or other supporting documents.
- You also have to enter your student details, expected graduation year, and other on-screen prompts including your payment details.
Amazon doesn’t have a registered student verification partner, but there are other identity verification partners like UNiDAYS and Student Beans who also help you to get your Amazon student discount plan through their website.
- Visit the official website of UNiDAYS or Student Beans.
- Enter your student email address and password.
- Enter the name, address, and contact details of your institution.
- Provide supporting documents and click on verify.
Once your account is verified you will be receiving an email stating the same. You can then use the same email address to open your Amazon prime student account. This verification is only valid for 12 months and you have to reverify it again after 1 year.
How To Reverify my Student Status
Students need to reverify their student account every 12 months. To reverify one has to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open your Amazon app.
- Go to “Manage your student membership” in your Accounts.
- Click on Re-verify your student status.
- Submit the requested documents to complete the process.
Amazon Student Discount Plan Benefits
The Amazon student discount policy comes with a wide range of offers. Apart from the 6 monthly prime membership and 50% off on the continued membership plan it also comes with an additional 30-day trial of Amazon prime benefits. This discounted plan gives you access to exclusive deals and benefits like
- Fast and free delivery on millions of items.
- Exclusive deals are only for students from renowned brands.
- Early access to lightning deals.
- Access to Amazon Prime Video, Music, and gaming.
- Ultrafast Grocery delivery in selected cities.
- Grubhub+ students monthly membership.
- 3 months of free premium subscription to the Calm application.
- 10% off on flights and hotel bookings from StudentUniverse.
- 1 month free Course Hero membership
Terms & Conditions for Amazon Student Discount
Students are entitled to enjoy Amazon student discounts only if they can meet the following terms and conditions laid out by Amazon.
- As long as you are a student you can enjoy the Amazon prime student discount benefit. But the maximum duration is 4 years.
- If you are unable to qualify for the verification process laid out by Amazon or if you are unable to reverify your student status then your Prime membership automatically gets upgraded to the general Amazon prime membership.
- If you do not verify your student account after 12 months but can show the proof within the next 60 days then your balance amount will be refunded back to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to use the Amazon discount code?
During checkout, you can enter the discounted student code in the promo code section. Additionally, any special student discount will be automatically discounted when you buy using your Amazon prime student account.
2. Are the discounts only valid for online purchases?
There are also some in-store offers where you can show your student account or ID to enjoy special offers and discounts.
3. Can the discount be combined with existing sales?
Yes, you can combine your student discount with any existing sales.
4. Is the student discount applicable for all categories?
Mostly, the discount will be auto-applied for all categories where a student discount is applicable. Check the terms and conditions or fine print to know more.
What if I forget to cancel my Amazon student discounted plan?
If you forget to cancel the student discounted subscription, then you will be converted to the normal prime membership.
Looking for Other Stores with a Student Discount?
Other than e-commerce giants like Amazon, there are other brands too that have a discounted student plan. To help you save more we have mentioned a few of them below:-
- Best Buy
- Sam’s Club
We have mentioned in detail how you can make the most out of the Amazon student discount plan. Read the terms and conditions and follow the steps to ensure that your login process is successful. In case you face difficulty you can also log in from UNiDAYS or the Student Beans website.